Saturday, May 29, 2010

First Show Post Partum

So it all starts up again.. Feeling slightly more relaxed and adjusting to my new normal as a mommy I am having my first show since the baby was born. I had one set up in April to be showing but still feeling overwhelmed a gracious friend took over my spot for me. But here we go and I gotta say I'm getting excited. After painting 2 weeks ago at the conference i feel I have a new breath of life and finally some inspiration and feel ready to get to work! I will be joining in on the fun with the Junction Arts Festival in Toronto this September and i am really excited! A weekend full of live music and dance performance, street parties, art and good food. I am showing at a venue called The Hair Lounge, a funky, little salon downtown. I am busy busy in my spare time, planning out new pieces and working on my new collection of works. It has been nice to have a break away from my art but I have been desperately awaiting new ideas, for the first time in a while I am excited and ready to get painting! I will post more info to come, in the meantime save the date Sept 8 - 12th and I hope to see you all there!

No comments: